There isn’t anything I can think of that is as satisfying as puttering around in my garden. I get to spend time enjoying the sun, and I don’t have to think about anything in particular. I can just let my mind wander where it will.
I think more people should get into gardening for the relaxation and experience of it, but I have been amazed to find out how many people honestly don’t know where to start! My friends and family who don’t garden seem to think I’m magic or can talk to the elves or something. They are convinced that it takes a special kind of person to grow a garden. It really isn’t true.
While some people do seem to have an easier time with gardening than most, it is mostly because they’ve been doing it for awhile. You learn as you go! Just like with most things, the more you garden, the better you will get at it!
Why do I garden? This question is posed to me a lot. My answer is generally something along the lines of “Why NOT garden?” You can grow your own food, and you get to play in the dirt! What? You think that’s reserved for little kids? I love begin covered in rich soil and plant stains. It makes me feel like I’ve accomplished something! I even have a gardening shirt that says, “Plays in the dirt.”
I’m proud of it. Any gardener should be! If you’ve never tried gardening, you might find you love it! : )
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment